In 30 seconds:
- Over half (51%) of marketers say influencer marketing helps them to acquire better customers. Do you know where to begin?
- The kind of TikTok influencer you use can make or break an influencer marketing campaign. Find the perfect content creator with our easy-to-follow steps.
- We’ve created a completely new, game-changing tool to find the perfect TikTok influencer for your brand – and we’re the experts on managing influencer relationships too.
With TikTok being the hottest property in the social app market right now, TikTok influencers are the sharpest tool in the marketing box.
Over half of Gen Z consumers are on TikTok, and Gen Z are almost twice as likely to make purchase decisions based on influencer recommendations. If your target audience is Gen Z, TikTok influencer marketing is the way forward.
The most innovative brands are cottoning on to TikTok marketing, and as TikTok continues its ascent as the most popular social media platform, you don’t want to be left behind.
Now is the time to master TikTok influencer marketing so your brand stands out for all the right reasons. Below, we’ll tell you how.
What is influencer marketing?
Put simply; influencer marketing is when a public figure on social media endorses a service or product. This new form of promotion from social media personalities works because of trust.
Adverts are no longer deemed trustworthy. Everyone is more sceptical of the messages they consume. This is especially true for Gen Z.
But there’s an opportunity. 88% of Gen Z and Millennials learn about products they’re interested in buying on social media, and nearly two-thirds of them follow an influencer. Put these two stats together, and you have a ripe audience for social influencer marketing.
What is a TikTok influencer?
TikTok counts those with 1,000 followers or more as influencers. They are the Tiktok users that have a more extensive reach than most, whose short videos have earned them an online fan base.
There are currently 3.1 million influencers on TikTok. And a lot of these TikTok stars are Gen Z’ers. 86% of young people say they want to post social media content for money. This means the younger generations of today will be the ones to champion TikTok creators.
Why does your brand need TikTok influencers?
Influencers are a brilliant way of engaging with target markets for several reasons:
- They know their craft. These TikTok users are named influencers for a reason. They have unlocked the best ways to engage and influence their followers through TikTok videos.
- They are trusted more than advertisements – 66% of consumers aged 18-29 trust influencers. That means the message in their TikTok content gets through to a huge number of followers.
- They’re natural marketers. Influencers know how to create viral videos. Usually, TikTok influencers are part of the same demographic as their followers. They understand what type of content excites their audience.
TikTok influencers are your one-stop shop for brand awareness, increased trust and better engagement with your ideal market.
How to find a TikTok influencer
So you’re ready to get involved in influencer marketing. But where do you start searching for the top TikTok influencer for your brand? Here are a few ways you can find the ideal influencer for you:
- TikTok Search – Looking up video clips on the TikTok app is a great way to find the right influencer TikTok account for you. Type in your particular niche or search for a specific hashtag such as #skincare. Heads up, this is time-consuming.
- Google Search – Search for your niche and you should find some useful results, especially if you’re looking for macro influencers.
Hand it to the experts! At Fanbytes, we created our Bytesights tool to get a 360-degree view of which influencers are perfect for your brand. It cuts out the time needed for digesting social media channels and waiting for the TikTok algorithm to work, meaning you can get going faster. We’ve also built strong relationships with our TikTok influencers, so we can always get the best content from them.
Our TikTok influencer discovery platform
We’re going to let you in on something groundbreaking for your marketing strategy – and we don’t say that lightly. This is state-of-the-art technology that opens up the world of influencer marketing. We have you covered, to find TikTok influencers that perfectly fit your brand, fast.
With over 1.5 million TikTok creator accounts for you to discover, we can ensure you get the best ROI possible. We analyse over 300 different data points on each TikTok influencer, meaning we can know who the rising stars are and who’s about to skyrocket to success.
And it’s not just TikTok stars. We can predict which hashtags, memes and TikTok songs will be the next big thing so you can be one step ahead of the game.
But that’s enough explanation from us. We’ll let Mitch, our CTO clue you in further on our best-kept influencer marketing secret:
If you’d like to work with us to find the best TikTok influencer for your brand, get in touch!
What makes an influencer right for your brand?
When looking for a TikTok influencer, it’s very important that they gel with you. You want them to be an extension of your brand’s ethos. Think of them as good friends of the company. There are three things you need to remember when making your perfect alliance:
An influencer needs to align with your brand. Think about your niche and whether their wants and interests are suitable for it. What kind of content do they create? Do they make skits, dance videos, lip-syncing videos or tutorials – or something else? Your content should be a natural fit.
Consider their reach. What size influencer are they? Knowing this is fundamental as it will affect your budget. Also, what demographic follows them? What are their audience’s main interests?
The general trend is that bigger followings have a wider reach, but smaller followings have higher engagement. It’s essential to know which is more important to your brand.
Think about the kind of TikTok influencer you want, as varying size influencers suit different needs:
- Nano-influencers have 1K to 10K followers. Their following see them closer to friends, so this group has high engagement rates.
- Micro-influencers have 10K to 50K followers. This group has the highest average engagement rate at 6%. You can learn more about them here.
- Mid-tier influencers have 50K to 500K followers. They can be more beneficial to brands looking to increase brand awareness.
- Macro-influencers have 500K to 1 million followers. They tend to post content very regularly, because they usually make a living off of TikTok.
- Mega-influencers have 1 million+ followers. These are the celebrities of social media with massive followings. Examples are @zachking, @lorengray and Charli d’Amelio.
How to contact an influencer
The point of an influencer is to build trust and engagement with your audience. So it makes sense to build trust and engage with them. Follow their TikTok channel. Like their content. Comment on their videos. Then send a custom message.
If that seems time-consuming, that’s where we can help. We pride ourselves on our great relationships with our influencers, and we send them a custom brief with all the ins and outs of your brand and the project.
Everyone works differently, so establishing a personal connection and understanding how influencers like to be contacted, briefed and partnered with is hugely important. This is how to create the best work and maintain fruitful, long-term relationships – as well as land on as many for you pages as possible.
How to build good TikTok influencer relationships
One of Fanbytes’ early initiatives was to nurture new TikTok influencers. One example of how we did this is via a ‘shout for shout’ over TikTok and Snapchat.
In this method, the influencer did a ‘take over’ of our owned and operated Snapchat channels (which have a reach over a million daily viewers daily). When viewers swiped up on the content, they were directed to the influencer’s TikTok page. In return, the influencer promoted our Snapchat channels.
It worked because it was reciprocal. For example, TikTok influencer Steven McKell saw a 150% increase in follower growth on his TikTok in one day.
Nowadays, we have many kinds of TikTok influencer relationships, but they’re all maintained through that core value of reciprocity. We believe in them, and we help them. In return, they make us (and your brand!) look amazing on TikTok.
The TikTok influencer marketing bottom line
If you’re marketing to Gen Z and not getting involved with TikTok influencers, you’re going to be left behind.
27% of Gen Z purchased something within the last 6 months due to an influencer recommendation. That’s in the last 6 months alone.
These sorts of statistics are only going to increase over time. It’s a growing field, and now is the right time to get involved. 68% of marketers plan on using TikTok for influencer marketing in the next year. Are you going to be one of them?
Get in touch and we’ll talk you through how we’ll up your influencer marketing game. We get to the bottom of what Gen Z wants from your brand every single time – and we’ll work alongside TikTok influencers to create the viral videos that young audiences adore.