Fanbytes is an award-winning Gen Z marketing agency based in Old Street, London. As a leader in this field, we offer our clients unparalleled access to the Gen Z audience. With clients who include all major record labels, Sony, Warner, STX and Hayu, we combine technology and insights to provide influencer programmes, performance marketing, strategy, creativity and digital marketing to create highly effective marketing campaigns that enable brands to reach this hard-to-reach demographic.
Now with a team of 50, and aggressive growth plans, we are looking to expand our capabilities for creating innovative campaigns for some of the world’s leading brands. This has led to our need for a senior hire, to help navigate our growth and work with our C-Suite to enable the next stages of our journey.
Along with our flagship influencer programmes and marketing services, we have built a number of unique IP setting the gold standard for Gen Z media agencies, including:
- Bytesized Talent – a talent agency exclusively managing the biggest stars on Tiktok. This allows us to build long term ambassador programs with brands
- Bytehouse – the UK’s first ever Tiktok house which received global press as the first of its kind
- Fanbytes Fund – a fund that runs influencer marketing campaigns for black-owned businesses using black creators seeking to elevate the voices of black and diverse creators
As Business Director for the Entertainment pod you will be responsible for overseeing the management and development of your team and growing a collective of verticals and key accounts. You will be able to demonstrate a successful track record of both driving new business and delivering first class influencer marketing campaigns.
Leading a team of Account Managers, talent professionals and digital marketers to plan and develop engaging Gen Z marketing campaigns, you’ll need to have a strong view on why businesses should embrace influencers and current social platforms, and how our marketing strategies can be their driving force to win the hearts of Gen Z.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Business Director, you will be responsible for:
- Leadership: Managing the team (sales and client services) on a daily basis alongside the development of longer term goal setting, tracking and completion whilst supporting the team on ad hoc projects as required.
- New Business: Cultivate relationships with new golden clients in order to grow pod revenue, individually and as a team
- Coaching and Development: Support the sales team and provide help and guidance on sales tactics so that we maximise revenue from new and existing clients
- Managing key client relationships: Work with the sales team to foster new senior relationships within our most important golden clients helping to forge new opportunities.
- Identifying longer term opportunities: Proactively work with the Commercial Director and your team to identify and secure longer term partnerships and retainer deals
- Improving processes: Work with the Commercial Director and Account Director to finesse our processes and ways of working – both internally amongst peers and externally with clients
- Financial management: Ensuring that the pod is delivering campaigns that are profitable and efficient
Key Requirements: Our ideal candidate will…
- Have at least 5 years of experience within the advertising or influencer marketing industry.
- Prior experience working with Entertainment clients or within the entertainment industry.
- Be experienced in managing a team of at least 5 people; setting team targets, delivering outstanding influencer marketing campaigns and supporting the personal development of junior team members.
- Have a good track record in sales – driving new business and account growth
Culture & Benefits:
At Fanbytes, we are ambitious, creative and smart people, within an open, sharing and supportive environment. We live and breath Gen Z in everything from our work to our socials. Some additional benefits include:
- Competitive salary + commission.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and birthdays off.
- A company Laptop, and other tech requirements on request
- Monday breakfasts and Friday socials (when in office).
- Away days (covid restrictions permitting). Think park picnics, go ape, paintballing etc.
- We partner with Perkbox – which includes access to subscription apps, wellbeing support, online exercise classes, discounts and much more!
- Wellbeing Programme. We support our employees in and out of the office and have a full service EAP in place that provides mental health, legal and financial support for everyone at Fanbytes.
- Large progressions for growth – we believe that everyone should be the entrepreneur in their own job. You’ll be a key player in the next stage of growth for the company.
- We have an up skilling fund in place to help your personal development and give you time off each quarter to use that.
- We believe in working hard but also creating a fun environment with other young forward thinking people.
Start date: asap
Contract type: Permanent